[Finance] Question regarding membership turnover rates

Ron Bowes ron at skullsecurity.net
Wed Dec 16 20:21:52 CET 2015

The way I see it is, your biggest problem is that you have to make it more
difficult for people to cancel. Like a gym. :)

(Just kidding)

Seriously though, we were in that exact situation out the door. We got a
space that was really big and really cheap and that needed significant
renovation. It was a really good project for the more handy members, and we
built walls and doors and I learned a lot about construction.

But.. we also threw $thousands down a hole.

After a year or two, we had a conflict with the landlord and had to move
out. We took down the walls and sold the materials, and moved into a space
that was smaller and more expensive, but really, really nice. Since then,
we've been struggling to make ends meet, since the income just barely
covers the rent, but the space is so much nicer and retention is so much
better.

So yeah, keep moving as an option. That's all I'm really saying!

Ron