[hs-equality] Fw: This is What it's Like to Be a Woman at a Bitcoin Meetup

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:46:40 CET 2014

Thanks for the post, Bracken.

I would also have spoken up -- in a respectful, polite, assertive manner.  We can all take responsibility for speaking up when someone says/does something that we perceive is making someone feel less welcome or uncomfortable.  And this gives people a chance to learn something about others' points of view.  If no one speaks up, it's very possible that the person saying/doing these sorts of things will remain oblivious to the negative effects, since they probably can't read others' minds.