[hs-equality] How to go on

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:11:55 CEST 2011

> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 23:19:13 +0200
> From: gmc at hackerspaces.org
> To: equality at lists.hackerspaces.org
> Subject: Re: [hs-equality] How to go on

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 01:17:45AM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:
> > I didn't have Maha's email, so I didn't think it OK to add him.  Same goes for Stephan.  It's easy enough to add people, and change my submission (before the cutoff date, whenever that is). I'd say the same message as the radio show, and what we've been talking about:Frank, honest discussion about being queer in the geek community.  No need to limit the breadth of human emotion.  A mix of heartfelt honesty, humor, anger, joy, and whatever else comes up is great. Asking Andreas to join us would be way cool.
>
> Of course, Tom's point is still valid: it is not the cosy radiostudiotent where we're among
> ourselves. For starters, we'll probably be facing the audience instead of eachother. And there'll
> be these hundreds (I hope :) of members of the audience there. It's one thing to open up the
> depths of your soul when you're among loved friends, it's a whole other thing to do it on a stage.

I, for one, am totally fine saying everything I said on the radio (which is very public, and lots of people heard it, and where people are still hearing it, since it is archived forever on the internets) on the stage.  I think we can create an intimate, open atmosphere where it is totally fine for us to be open and honest.

Mitch.