[hs-equality] Logo and site, schwag for 28C3.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Dec 15 21:45:23 CET 2011

So I'm really sorry I've been so quiet as of late. Once again too many
fucking projects and too little time.

A while ago Jake attempted to swap out Noisebridge's logo with this...

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Identity#In_the_spirit_of_solidarity_with_other_similar_groups

Some members of the group thought it was a well designed logo, but many
members got completely annoyed that he edited the wiki logo without
asking the community first. So it never got used.

Additionally I think it would be neat to replace the keyboard with other
things, like gender symbols, soldering irons, sewing machines, knitting
needles, a wrench, bicycle and motorcycles. The rainbow to me symbolizes
this common banner hackers hack under, so I feel like we could place
pretty much anything under the rainbow and have it work.

I think it's the perfect logo for Hacker Equality. I've talked with Jake
and Jonas and they're both on board for finally using it somewhere. What
do others think?

I really don't know if there's time left but if the group (as in this
list) thinks the logo works, I would like to get the thing printed onto
some shirts and stickers for CCC along with our URL.

As far as the site goes, I've got a wordpress instance somewhere with no
content and will try to rev up a wiki tonight.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net