[hackerspaces] Fwd: Hacking Decision Making for the Masses

Louis David Venancio metabaron at massmulti.org
Tue May 31 00:33:13 CEST 2022

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Re: [hackerspaces] Hacking Decision Making for the Masses
Date : Mon, 30 May 2022 12:22:11 +0100
De : Louis David Venancio <metabaron at massmulti.org>
Pour : hellekin <hellekin at hackerspaces.org>

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I let some time pass. And wait for more answers.
Just some thoughts now under your text Hellekin (I'm very glad we met
once in Toulouse) :

Le 30/05/2022 à 10:01, hellekin a écrit :
> On 5/29/22 16:40, Louis David Venancio wrote:
>>
>>> 1/ Internet has to be distributed over the entire planet
>>>
>>> (almost there!) BUT free access is mandatory.
>>

> I don't think we're almost there, but indeed there are terrific efforts
> to bring about 5G and dismiss previous technologies (e.g., 3G in the
> USA). Unfortunately I don't think the usual "progress" is ecologically
> sound, as most of the energy is consumed before devices hit the market.

Cynism won't save us either. ;D
https://opensourcesatellite.org/
https://libre.space/
https://upsat.gr/
https://riscv.org/
https://www.pine64.org/
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=ODYSSEY

both following pages are different:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat%C3%A9riel_libre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_hardware
the first one fr. is more complete about the current projects.

of course the main problem is MONEY.

>>> 2/ One connected computer per city or village should
>>> be enough.
>>

> I like the idea, but I can't see how this is possible outside of Africa,
> where there is some cultural background to it. Even there, a single
> computer means a SPOF, and given that in many megalopolis buildings are
> themselves becoming their own data centers (being computerized to show
> off highrise-size displays) we're very far from any kind of probably
> decision-making process to make this happen.

Imagine a far future... where phones are all out of order because of
lack of base components. Even in big cities at least one "massive
undestruclible computer" should exist, independantly.

SPOF=Single point of failure. OK.
Of course interconnexions have to be in mesh topology to avoir SPOFs.
The buildings you are talking about are the exact oposite of what is
needed world wide.

>>> and resiliant to heavy meteor showers and any
>>> Natural disaster as Nuclear bombs.
>>

> I don't think those threats are of any importance with regard to the
> ecological threat already set in motion.

It's about our survival and resilient-ness for optimisation of our survival.
Spreading knowledge is the key to best decisions as "The Wisdom of
crowds" book and author explains.
So. we're obviously doing it but biased infos and bad voting system,
divided by frontiers.

>>> 3/ Voting for IDEAS should be chosen over voting for
>>> people, even randomly chosen.
>>

> This is what Heather Marsh has been proposing ever since Binding Chaos
> in 2014. Her upcoming books may be of interest to you on this and other
> topics.
OK. no time to read this now.

But I add as a pure comment : Wikidebats.org lacks of voting system by
argument and a status= "accepted by the world" or "NOT accepted by the
world".

...from
https://en.wikidebates.org/wiki/Wikidebates:Main_Page#Wikidebates_is_not_a_polling_site
:
Wikidebates is not a site that collects the opinions of internet users
on a given topic of debate displaying percentages of opinions for and
against.

Because the merit of an opinion doesn’t depend on the number of people
who agree with it. We can sometimes be right despite what the majority
thinks.
"Eat meat is good or not ?" = still not clear.

and WHY is there IRL voting systems so ?

>>> 4/ Each agreed IDEA should be applied or taken for True.
>>

> Do you mean, like the Nielsen-Ninomiya Theorem?

I'll maybe read about that. But I can't change my 4th point because of
this answer.

>>> 5/ HTTPS and any encryption is useless in times of
>>> total peace.
>>

> I fear total peace won't happen in our lifetime, unless it's total death.
>

>>> 6/ This text is mine and you are not authorized to modify it.
>>

> I don't think you can do anything towards your goals with this premise.
> Hackers don't wait for authorization: they rely on invention. Anyway, is
> responding to your email not a way of modifying it?
>

>>> 8/ also a bit off-topic: Marijuana should be free.
>>

> Maybe LSD might be of interest in the context of HDM for the Masses.
> As Alex mentioned elsewhere, The Rose of Paracelsus: On Secrets &
> Sacraments, by William Leonard Pickard, is now available as ebook, and a
> new print is on the way for August 2022. Hint. Hint. Speculative fiction
> to change the world with acid. Woohoo!
>
> https://synergeticpress.com/catalog/the-rose-of-paracelsus-on-secrets-sacraments/

No thanks, too powerfull! Meditation is again imho, the best approved
thing to do then decisions must be concretized no? The way you find new
ideas is even not so important as long as it works.

> Oh, and while we're at it. Hacking Decision Making for the Masses is
> called propaganda, it's in use everywhere. I find it as unethical as
> your proposal to force "ze masses" into decisions. Maybe shutting up the
> occidental loudmouth and listening to other cultures might be a good
> start to avoid global catastrophe. But are we really able to STFU?

WOOOOW relax. where did you read that I want to force anyone ?
Nop I won't STFU. It's exactly the goal of my post.
Did you listen to Aurelien Barrau's interview ? He talks about freedom
and the problem of lacking of autority if I can use this expression...
"ze masses" you are obviously mocking me. No problem.

Do you understand that we have to stop thinking the way we do ?
Stop telling me what to read or think. Where are your solutions then ?