[hackerspaces] Google to release your location data to help fight coronavirus pandemic

David Venancio de Campos metabaron at massmulti.org
Mon Apr 13 11:22:35 CEST 2020

Yop. Good "whatever" from portugal.

Facts: admins from data-centers are bound by contract to their company.
If some data is stolen and nobody gets caught... it's stolen and nobody
gets caught... (recusive one, insert "deepness" factor, the rober gets
robed etc...)

A contract is just a piece of paper, and "word" given that the admins
won't do no bullshit... and that's the bottleneck of internet security :
access to hardware in data-centers.

Now I don't want to say "data center admins" are all bad, I say "they
can turn bad"... So "no you'r not paranoid", it's a fact, data is often
stolen "by anonymous guy/girl inside"... now what ? encrypt or just
don't publish anywhere.

Keep a computer "off the grid" for your Precisous data. Unconnected and
hidden ? why not. Data has turned the new gold... maybe... I don't
know... for me the ideas are gold... so I keep them on paper or on
github/gitlab like my "anti-loose-phone" :
https://github.com/david-venancio/ANTI-LOOSE_Phone

Thanks Cecilia for this cute e-mail.

Wear a mask made with a t-shirt at least !

Any face "barrier" is good.

Take care all. My french machine is connected h24 on IRC. Let me a /msg
meta_4 if you like to interact with "this". ;>

Over and out ! Your turn !

-David.