[hackerspaces] A little talk about hackerspaces and travel

zeh at posteo.de zeh at posteo.de
Wed May 23 13:18:35 CEST 2018

Hi there!

I'm new to the hackerspace culture and I want to introduce myself before
I ask
you how welcome this idea I have might sound like.

My name is Thiago and I used to work as a developer but I quit my job
and I had
a time off from computers.

Not long ago I went to an opensource meeting in Peru and I had so much
fun. So
I decided to start studying again. A bit later I heard about the
hackerspaces
for the first time.

Since I want to keep traveling I've got myself a laptop and though about
change
my idea of travel. Instead of visiting monuments or going to different
cities I
thouhgt about going around visiting hackerspaces, meeting hackers from all
around, learning and helping on projects, having fun and getting better as
a developer.

Wondering how this might sound to all of you. I mean...is a hackerspace
a place
to receive travelers looking for knowlogment and people to meet?

Right now, it is just an idea but I'm looking forward to hearing your
ideas and
thoughts about it.

I had a problem with my mail client so I'm not sure if this email ever
left my mailbox.
I apologize in case you've got it for the secont time.

I hope to hear from all of you soon

  Cheers,
Thiago