[hackerspaces] Discuss Digest, Vol 122, Issue 5

Dave Borghuis dave at tkkrlab.nl
Mon Dec 31 23:56:22 CET 2018

Hi Aimee,

> I was at the 35c3 meeting where we discussed the need for a content review:

Hi I was there to, I was the person with the LED hat ;-)

2. long term solution - find good long term solutions for keeping the

data current and up to date

Maybe implement a kind of refresh option, if its abandoned for more then x
time automagic set it to 'inactive'

> 1st stage - help needed with:
>
> b. automatically identifying and flagging dead links on active profiles
> and marking them as dead links on profiles

I can program in php/python but are not an expert in (Semantic) wiki, some
help here would be appreciated.

c. visit hackerspaces in your area and updating their profile or asking
> them to update their profile accordingly - think of this a human
> verification to make sure they are still active and run by people (as
> opposed to corporate bots)

I can do this for Netherlands and dutch speaking part of Belgium. Other
places if I can manage contact them by internet.
I notice for the Dutch hackerspace there are 27 listed, but 13 are 'real'
hacerspaces. The remaining are FabLabs, (commercial) makerspaces or just
group of friends. Is there a easy way to difference between these groups?
There is a [[Category:FabLab]] but as far i can see you cant edit this with
the form (and not every fablab use this)

Regards,
Dave Borghuis