[hackerspaces] content review project

aimee at ecohackerfarm.org aimee at ecohackerfarm.org
Mon Dec 31 15:35:34 CET 2018

Good afternoon all,

I was at the 35c3 meeting where we discussed the need for a content review:

1. short term solution - systematically go through listings to verify
status and update content

2. long term solution - find good long term solutions for keeping the
data current and up to date

I have volunteered to coordinate this effort and would love to get
started initially by finding out if there are other interested parties
out there willing to help.

1st stage - help needed with:

a. sending a mailshot out to all active hackerspaces with a contact
email address on their profile to elicit action and updating profile
pages - I can draft an email - can someone do the sending?

b. automatically identifying and flagging dead links on active profiles
and marking them as dead links on profiles

c. visit hackerspaces in your area and updating their profile or asking
them to update their profile accordingly - think of this a human
verification to make sure they are still active and run by people (as
opposed to corporate bots)

d. working with me on the harder cases ie where this is no contact info
and only deadlinks to update profiles to identify whether the space is
truly still active somehow before amending them to inactive

Looking forward to hearing from you :-)

Much love

Aimee xxx