[hackerspaces] Hackerspace mouvement today

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Tue Apr 10 19:21:16 CEST 2018

NYC Resistor is definitely having some issues with involvement as many of
our core members have gotten older and life has consumed more of their free
time.

Acquiring new young blood to run the space has proven difficult.  We're
attempting to address that now.

Our membership numbers have stayed pretty steady over time.  And we're
pretty healthy otherwise and continue to do cool stuff.

Culture shifts a little bit with new generations of hackers and that's
pretty fun to learn about and watch.

We're doing our interactive art show again this year which has been our
annual big event we do.  And we also brought back to life our halloween
event last year.  It's actually been fairly exciting.

Also the Digital Archeology projects some of our members are involved in
are super cool.

Still very much alive and well.  But we do need to find some more young
kids to take up the torch on keeping the place in operational status.