[hackerspaces] Intel AMT/ME removal workshop

idnc_sk idnc_sk at vpslab.org
Sun Sep 17 22:05:47 CEST 2017

@"[..]just run a table at various hackerspace events [..] encourage
people to repeat
it in their space after they learned how to do it"

According to the wiki there are 1364 active (listed) hackerspaces.
Why not use this network to organize something like a *global
*/"clean(_er_) hw day"/ on
a set date(or even first Friday each month)? There is (still) some
strength in
numbers, thrown in a few A5 posters / blogs and/or announcements and
make this as
public as possible(@sk.bra - I can help with those posters - well, to be
more specific,
I know of an evil corporation that will)

Don't have to be focused on coreboot/libreboot
What's important here is timing and organization(in terms of publicity /
"reach"). Even if I don't count hs run by people working against the
community
(cancer tumors everywhere these days), still plenty of good people around,
^@strength-in-numbers thing