[hackerspaces] The world needs makerspaces?

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:15:23 CET 2017

You do have to keep putting time and money into setting up and scheduling
events and classes and make days and invite the public to come in and see
the place.
We noticed that most people have one little project they want to do then
quit.
There are a few core members that pay the monthly dues and work on an
endless list of projects that grows faster than it can get finished.
So it's important to constantly do membership drives of all kinds from
classes to events to public talks at libraries and corporate lunch n learns
to really get the word out.
Also go on your local NPR or college radio from time to time and talk about
your upcoming classes or events to really get the community's attention.
Keeping that large set of core members interested and coming back is KEY.