[hackerspaces] my proposal to Mozille: InterNet, the Inter-connection of local Net-works

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Sun Jan 8 02:38:07 CET 2017

InterNet, the Inter-connection of local Net-works
A proposal for the Mozilla project "equal-rating"

Dear friends,

the Mozilla project is only for groups with 2 or more members. Therefore
i have sent this text direcctly to Mozilla.

But the most important function of this text is to support our
discussion and critical reflection. This will be more creative in our
situation with that, what we give the name Internet. A big nonsense.

In the IRTF Gaia maillist on 7.1.2017 i received a link to a text:

“Reclaiming the Internet” with distributed architectures: An introduction
by Francesca Musiani and Cécile Méadel, 5. Dec 2016
http://journals.uic.edu/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7101/5654

This is the same theme and act in the same space. Not in the areal of
technical questions to the components. But more to our philosophical
orientation.

Reclaiming the Internet is a nice title. And have a clear orientation.
But if no Internet exist, you will never be able to reclaim it.

In the ISOC global maillist we had last year a big discussion to my
proposal to the EU Survey "Next Generation Internet". It is the same. In
some other lists from ISOC and IGF and IUF and hacker spaces and
Community Networks and so on it is new. Also in the WSF (World Social
Forum).

The next and second part are the technical questions. But this, based on
my experience, we have to organise it in a new space: Our global network
for free technology. And this don't exist in this time. Therefore, we
have to create it, because we need it.

many greetings, willi
for now: Asuncion, Paraguay