[hackerspaces] Mastodon?

riot riot at c-base.org
Tue Apr 18 15:49:18 CEST 2017

Ahoi,

On 18.04.2017 08:30, \0xDynamite wrote:
>> Is this the Hackerspace mailing list or the old farts of the
>> Internet whining about alt.phreak not being what it was when modems
>> came with an acoustic  coupler?

Maaan, come on - don't be so cruel :.-(

> Funny, it's actually more interesting than that.  I'm arguing about
> the inter-dimensional witchcraft at work with node.js.

Inter-dimensional witchcraft?! Oh, cool, i'll add that to the list of
pretty insults.

> It's beyond any technical argument -- no one can explain what the Fs
> going on. Matt, like every other web "brogrammer" is still stuck in
> the assumption that everything is working by logical rules.
>
> I think, JS think's it's too big to fail and it keeps snaking it's
> way around the problem.
>
> I've meta'd his argument and questioned the whole foundation of the
> present web-programming enterprise.
>
> But I'll take further discussion off-list.  There's also a wiki page
> [[jabbascript]] that can be used to discuss.

Are you guys already done ranting/flamewarfaring about languages?

Here, i'll throw in something else of interest:
What is better? Emacs or Vim?

PS: At c-base we usually call this a raucher-diskussion or the
baellebad-topic. Eleventy points if you get both memes. :D

PPS: Please don't feel trolled.

--
Gru:Cce,
riot