[hackerspaces] Mastodon?

metabaron340 metabaron at massmulti.org
Mon Apr 17 23:16:54 CEST 2017

On 17/04/2017 16:24, Ijon wrote:
> Is your hackerspace already on mastodon? Are you?
>
> c-base just joined the platform. Follow c-base:

c-base website URL please ? can't find it on
https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_ALL_Hacker_Spaces

> cbase at mastodon.social
>
> Maybe consider creating an account for your hackerspace, so we get more
> cool hackerspace content on that new, decentral, opensource and ad-free
> social network.

No thanks. it's not that I don't want to "follow you"...

Threaded forums or whatever feature (like etherpad) are cool but nothing
can replace "de visu" communication -which is ancestral- with a
papersheet and a pen or a good old drawing (that you scan and keep in
numeric version eventually) and some "neuronnes-smashing" together. >}

I'll be moving around for what concerns me.

More important, I agree with Joshua about maintaining hackerspaces.org
and making it more "confortable" and usefull (whats the CMS behind? just
a wiki ? -_-; ).

https://hackerspaces.org could be more functionnal and rich in
functionnality than just a wiki (who uses the list of events and the
list of projects?).

Is there a RSS stream like rss.hackerspaces.org where a single RSS would
show any post of a database of RSSes in real-time, or a basic RSS
syndication function? I would read this with icedove while reading my
emails... *_*

"Who's in charge here ?!" (half-joking)

@Ijon : I don't want to be rude but you can build a gateway to mastodon
if you want cool content from us in it (like
https://twitter.com/HackerspacesBot ). Does c-base has a website and RSS ?

--
metabaron340 / David Venancio de Campos / http://david.venancio.free.fr