[hackerspaces] Mastodon?

Ijon ijon at c-base.org
Mon Apr 17 17:00:10 CEST 2017

If you want Hackerspaces to stay in theire own little filterbubble, then
yes, you are right.

I believe that the idea of an open space for everyone to drop in, to
better themselves, to learn, develop, educate themselves or others, to
start great projects and to make this world a better place is so
important, that we should not stay in our own filterbubble and instead
carry our message throughout the internet, using whatever technology is
used by others that are not in our filterbubble.

this statement explicitly encourages to use any and all social networks,
regardless of "who owns it".

now that there seems to be (yet another) alternative out there that is
more in line with our values around opensource, about decentralization,
i think we should embrace it and welcome it.