[hackerspaces] Trenton NJ

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Mon May 2 20:50:31 CEST 2016

My experience is that getting one-time funding is not the problem you
need to solve. "Build it and they will come" doesn't really work with
hackerspaces.  What you need to do is "Get everyone to come and then
build it."  Without a core community, there would just be a big, empty
building that only sort-of serves the needs of those who show up.

Start small, post meeting invites everywhere, and get a community
started.  It's only when you have people to share the work and be
willing to provide recurring support to the space that you should seek
funding for one-time costs like moving.

Arclight