[hackerspaces] Electric strikes

Volatile Compound volatilecompound at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 05:28:19 CET 2016

Not knowing what types you're using, the environmental conditions
they're located in, frequency of use, etc., I'll chime in with the
following:

- Grease / otherwise lubricate them regularly per manufacturers'
recommendations.

- You might have to modify the above based on climate and location.

- Check for misalignment in frames, hinges, tracks, etc.

- Check for settling in the building, which might be throwing off the
alignment of the frames, hinges, tracks, etc.

- Do you have hydraulic, pneumatic, or spring-driven returns on them?
Check those.  They may be tired and need attention.

Out of curiosity, you mention that this happens after 6 to 8 months or
so.  It sounds like this may be a recurring problem.  What steps are
taken to fix it when it does happen?

- skroo.