[hackerspaces] Tragedy in Oakland

Scotty Allen scotty at scottyallen.com
Sun Dec 4 13:06:34 CET 2016

I had a very serious apartment fire due to boiled linseed oil soaked paper
towels spontaneously combusting in my kitchen trash. No other ignition
source. The fire fighters were thoroughly unsurprised, but nearly everyone
else I tell this story to, including TechShop employees and experienced
woodworkers are shocked. Spontaneous combustion is no joke - treat those
oily rags with the respect they deserve.

-Scotty