[hackerspaces] What do you call your "take stuff apart" nights?

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Fri Apr 29 21:09:33 CEST 2016

The idea is to take a device apart, look up how it works and then look up online what the individual components can be used for in other projects. For us noobs, it’s a useful way of getting a feel of how components are used, and how they can be reused.

I’ve been pestering our more knowledgable members and they said that this is the way to start. I know that other groups have set this up as a social event (drinks, food), lay on tunes and then hack away while comparing notes.

— Shirley