[hackerspaces] Wikis - frameworks and types

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Wed Apr 6 18:58:23 CEST 2016

Hey everyone!

Our group, the Red Mountain Makers, has been using Mediawiki since our founding three years ago.

As part of studies elsewhere, I’m using the GitHub wiki framework and am noticing that barriers to use (stuff you need to learn to use it) appears significantly lower than Mediawiki. This has been an issue for a number of the Am wondering if any of the other hackerspaces and makerspaces have chosen this as their main documentation framework. Also, if you are using other wiki frameworks, what influenced your choice selection.

FWIW - we are using MediaWiki - a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Shirley Hicks
Red Mountain Makers