[hackerspaces] bring back the crime - "hacker" is starting to mean "creative entrepeneur"

Mark Rosenblitt-Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:19:43 CEST 2015

On 9/21/15, michael howard <mik.howard at gmail.com> wrote:
> How far are we from "assimilated"?
>
> From here I am seeing tons and tons of people associating the word "hacker"
> with business concepts.
>
> "hacker" now invokes associations with "startup", "coworking", "hackathon",
> "creative initiative", and worst of all, "entrepeneur".
>
> Miss the good old association with crime - it made all these people stay
> very far away.
>
> At this rate "hacker" will soon mean multi-level-marketing.

Thank [Thor|Athena] that there's someone with some spirit on the list.
I always think I'm alone and that these hackers are more like a
constipated elves.  So I've stubbed a project on github called
"mayhem" under user "theProphet".  It's clear that few really know how
to make the hackerspace concept work and are as adventurous as a
granny after hip surgery.

Anyway, we can try hanging out there.

Marxos