[hackerspaces] bring back the crime - "hacker" is starting to mean "creative entrepeneur"

hellekin hellekin at dyne.org
Mon Sep 21 21:49:02 CEST 2015

On 09/21/2015 03:03 PM, y.vgr at free.fr wrote:
> Le 21/09/2015 18:33, michael howard a écrit :
>> The only way to keep from being assimilated, is to be bad for their ulcers.
>
> Just think and work for freedom* and liberty** and their ulcers will
> automatically come back.

Yes!  I'm not so happy about the association with "crime", unless the
crime is "thought crime".  Freedom is way enough controversial to grind
the teeth of any wannabe "hacker-entrepreneur".  Criminals claiming the
term hackers are as despicable as startuppers doing so, IMO.  Freedom,
knowledge, cooperation, invention, creativity, fun, yes.  Crime, elite,
not so much.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/