[hackerspaces] Tool ID tools?

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Fri Sep 18 04:52:49 CEST 2015

> On Sep 17, 2015, at 8:19 PM, Joshua Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You could always create a bunch of wiki pages with pictures of the tool and all that info. But it would require the user to find it on the wiki themselves.  Maybe have an index page with just the tool thumbnails. Then they click on the one that looks like it and bam!  All the info they could want!
> Otherwise putting a small QR code on there that links to that tool's wiki page?

That’s all done for the power tools and more complicated hand tools.

My concern is setting up setting up some sort of field identification for the complete noob so that they can determine when to use what type of wire strippers, needlenose pliers and tube wire wraps (the type that shrink onto a splice), a phillips versus a star versus a robertson screwdriver, and 000 versus a #6.  All the really small stuff.

— Shirley