[hackerspaces] Irving Texas student suspended for bringing a circuitry-control clock project to school

Glyn Kennington glyn at potatojunkie.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 13:16:08 CEST 2015

mindthegoat wrote:
> The lack of replies here suggests everyone is completely lost for
> words. In the UK we moan about our education system but you guys are
> in so much trouble if your country is going so backward.
>
> Support Ahmed, the school and police are surely a lost cause.

I'm reminded of something I read years ago, about a student being
suspended for "hacking" after using "net send".  That was also in Texas.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/04/01/07/1713236/8th-grader-suspended-for-using-net-send-command

It looks like this time round, the police were involved and demonstrated
a similar lack of clue.