[hackerspaces] Trouble getting to the wiki

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Tue May 19 00:03:41 CEST 2015

From: hellekin <hellekin at dyne.org>
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Trouble getting to the wiki
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:57:50 -0300

> On 05/12/2015 03:16 PM, maxigas wrote:
>> From: Mark Steward <marksteward at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Trouble getting to the wiki
>> Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 15:29:15 +0100
>>
>>> Also https://letsencrypt.org/ is coming this year. Hopefully that will get the
>>> acceptance CAcert failed at.
>>
>> I second that.
>>
> *** Our initial plan was to fail until letsencrypt.org is ready, but as
> Web browser vendors decided to perform a denial of service on their
> users and prevent them from accessing sites using self-signed
> certificates, we accepted Mark's generous offer to provide a wildcard
> certificate for the time being.
>
> Thank you Mark!
>
> You may resume your browsing habits :)

Thanks for everybody who is working on this -- much appreciated!

I think it is a reasonable solution to submit to the certificate maffia until we
have solid solutions of our own in place.

I also think denial of service is an acceptable measure in case it is not
possible to authenticate certificates reliably.

And indeed, we need to find an interim plan because even if letsencrypt.org is
the way forward, it will not be ready within a reasonable time frame.

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

A:  Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q:  Why is top-posting bad?