[hackerspaces] Project storage

Robert Davidson robert at dallasmakerspace.org
Thu Mar 26 22:13:15 CET 2015

Here is our general policy's @ Dallas Makerspace.

We take a pretty strict stance on storage. The general idea is that people
that are leaving/storing items are not being excellent to others who want
to work on something but can't because someone who is MIA is storing stuff
without working on it.

I think in the end it comes down to 3 things

   1. The Social Environment.
   2. Clear and Documented Policies (Signage is Key)
   3. Enforcement (It says you are going to trash it do you?)

Storage

   1. The Dallas Makerspace is not a storage facility, projects and
   materials that do not follow these rules, will be considered donations.
   2. Projects (and materials for them) can only be stored in designated
   Project Storage Areas.
   3. Projects (and materials for them) stored in the Project Storage Areas
   must follow the rules and policies created by the Operations and
   Facilities Committee
   <https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Operations_and_Facilities_Committee>
which
   may be changed at any time.
   4. Projects can be stored in committee controlled rooms, as long as they
   follow the committee's guidelines.
   5. A project may be stored elsewhere with the approval of a member of
   the Board or by a vote of the membership.
   6. Individual storage areas will be available for each member:
      - Each storage area is approximately 10"x16"x24"[8]
      <https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Storage#cite_note-8>
      - The individual storage area is located in the workshop.
   7. Firearms, gunpowder, primers, and assembled ammunition cannot be
   stored at the Makerspace.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Storage#Storage

Personal Storage Box.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20206316/

This is the Policy on the "Project Storage Areas"
"

   1. Find an open section with a section identifier (e.g A-10).     (This
   is Pallet Rack Storage)
   2. Completely fill out the sign-in sheet.  (Contact Info with Date of
   Completion)
   3. Use of the storage shelves is limited to 30 days maximum.
   4. Items stored on the floor must be authorized by Operations.

Items that do not follow these rules will be considered donations.

*YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED*

*"*