[hackerspaces] Project storage

matt matt at nycresistor.com
Thu Mar 26 21:38:34 CET 2015

we tried to create a project shelf for temporary active projects, but it's
hard to police.

some members rent storage in the basement of our building.... but that gets
abused by others occasionally.

it's a tough issue for us as well.  we want to do cool stuff, and we like
having parts around to use.. but it gets cluttered.  stuff gets moved
around and never really finds a home.  and cleaning is haphazard and not
often enough... when people do try to clean they don't know what can and
cannot be thrown out?

we did create an idea of a doom cart....  things go onto the cart when they
are possible trash.  and they stay there for a week or two... someone takes
photos of all the things and posts to the list saying that these items are
on the doom cart.  If they are still on that cart in a week or two... they
are tossed / sold / otherwise rendered beyond the walls of the hackerspace.

-matt