[hackerspaces] Membership Survey

johnrichardlogan at gmail.com johnrichardlogan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:01:35 CEST 2015

MakeHaven is looking into doing some surveys. We want to better understand
a few things about members, former members and the larger network. I have
not done any work to write the specific questions yet but have brainstormed
the questions we want answered (below). I would love examples of surveys
other spaces have done or ideas for what else we should be sure to collect.

Does anyone have example membership surveys to share?

*For current members*

   - What are your existing skills
   - What are your learning / entrepreneurial goals.
   - What is your current satisfaction (to compare to later surveys)
   - What can we do to improve the space, physically and culturally
   - Specifically what equipment is used by you or would be used
   - What are ideas for events
   - What workshops have been valuable, what would be valuable
   - What are you willing to volunteer to do
   - Have you had your ablity to act as an entrepreneur improved
   - Have you learned new skills

*For former members*

   - What were the reasons for departure
   - What could have been done better.
   - What could we do to win you back

*For larger network*

   - What has been the most valuable: talks, workshops, other.
   - Have you had your ablity to act as an entrepreneur improved
   - Have you learned new skills
   - What would encourage you to join MakeHaven
   - What events, topics and tools excite you.

Happy to share my final product when done. It strikes me that is might be
valuable to see how the same set of questions are answered in multiple
different spaces.

--
J.R. Logan
Cell: 203-676-3414