[hackerspaces] Publicizing Hackerspace

Volatile Compound volatilecompound at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 22:55:21 CET 2015

Google Calendar is also recommended for making it easy for people to see
your meeting schedule and link it to their calendars.

If you're planning on having a regularly-updated website, RSS for the same
reasons as Google Calendar.

Mailing lists are good as well. Just make sure that the meeting information
that gets posted to it also ends up in places like the above.

The trick isn't to have over 9000 places that people have to look for
meeting info; it's to have two or three main ones that tie back into each
other, are accessible from both mobile and desktop devices, and provide
visibility in a way that reminds people of what's going on without nagging
or spamming them. If an email message goes out that says, "meeting on
Wednesday at 7," chances are good that I'll read it, make a mental note of
it, and forget about it 5 minutes later. But if it's on a shared calendar,
it's a good (and unobtrusive) reminder in both my mail client and phone as
to what's happening.

- skroo.