[hackerspaces] And now for something completely different...

Sam Ley sam.ley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 00:32:47 CET 2015

Never hurts to ask your local fire marshal. Some can be dicks, but my
experience (working with 5 or 6 in different areas) is that most of them
are reasonable people who just want everyone to be safe, and they very much
appreciate it when people call with questions rather than wait for
violation notices. We've gotten a lot of variances approved with our
current fire marshal just by being proactive and working with him on
creative solutions that might not meet the letter of the law, but achieve a
safe working space.

-Sam