[hackerspaces] Inclusivity, alienation and a lame duck

matt matt at nycresistor.com
Fri Feb 20 01:08:12 CET 2015

A hackerspace that could content itself with external reforms would not
have the slightest chance of success in the general struggle for life among
the hackerspaces of the world. A movement that would confine its mission to
such adjustments, which are certainly right and equitable, would effect no
far-reaching or profound reform in the existing order. The whole effect of
such measures would be limited to externals. They would not furnish the
hackerspace with that moral armament which alone will enable it effectively
to overcome the weaknesses from which we are suffering today. In order to
elucidate this point of view it may be worth while to glance once again at
the real origins and causes of the cultural evolution of mankind.

-openfly