[hackerspaces] Sex Offenders at a 'Space

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Wed Feb 18 06:36:04 CET 2015

On 17 Feb 2015, at 6:31 pm, ITechGeek <itg at itechgeek.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:13 AM, David Cake <dave at difference.com.au> wrote:
> Perhaps you might want to inform guardians of regular underage female users of the space.
>
> Plenty of sex offenders go after boys as well.
>
> But I think any special warnings should depend on the crime.  I've heard of people being prosecuted for a sex offense because they were caught peeing in public (they actually went into an alley to pee and the wrong person spotted them and called the cops).

	Exactly, I specified female because, on that specific person only offences, that was who they targeted.

	I certainly think the specifics need to be taken into account - in particular, because the range of things that can make you a sex offender in the US is ridiculous (including prior to 2003, in some states, consensual oral sex with your spouse).

	Cheers

		David