[hackerspaces] Sex Offenders at a 'Space

Edward L Platt ed at elplatt.com
Tue Feb 17 16:58:02 CET 2015

Yeah, admitting self-admitted "hackers" into your community sounds like a
liability.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Don Ankney <dankney at hackerco.de> wrote:

>  So you really want to start a conversation with the police about a
> Hackerspace? There's so much potential for misunderstanding.
>
> On Feb 16, 2015, at 9:54 PM, Rob Davy <rob at robdavy.com> wrote:
>
>   I would suggest calling the PO and basically saying "off the record,
> knowing what you know about what we do here and who does it here, would you
> let him join our organization?" Stress the off-the-record, person-to-person
> nature of the question. People are often very forth-coming when you ask
> like that
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Arclight <arclight at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess I should clarify: The dude was a creeper who was found in a
>> hotel room with a random 13 year-old runaway.  The Amber Alert was
>> pretty much the last straw and not surprising to anyone involved.
>>
>> Arclight
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Arclight <arclight at gmail.com> wrote:
>> false

>> > Not really, as it was not a false alarm.
>> >
>> > Arclight

Edward L. Platt
http://elplatt.com
http://civic.mit.edu/users/elplatt
http://i3detroit.com
@elplatt <http://twitter.com/elplatt>

This electronic mail message was sent from my desktop personal computer.
Please forgive any long-winded, overly-prosaic ramblings.