[hackerspaces] Sex Offenders at a 'Space

justin corwin outlawpoet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:53:24 CET 2015

I would be inclined to put the issue to a vote of the full membership
(myself voting no), without any identifying information as to the
prospective member, specifying options (refuse entry, accept with id,
accept anonymous). We have enough churn of basic members in and out that if
the vote was positive, they could plausibly join later without necessarily
identified as a sex offender if the vote supported anonymity.

That said, given that we currently allow any member to hold up full
membership and require three explicit votes in favor, such a person would
be vanishingly unlikely to become a full member of the space.

Justin Corwin
outlawpoet at gmail.com
http://programmaticconquest.tumblr.com
http://outlawpoet.tumblr.com