[hackerspaces] Refugee Memberships...

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Dec 2 17:27:35 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:44 AM, matt <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> Syria is not known for it's tech base.

Other comments aside, consider other types of tech such as wood working,
machining, textiles. people can also have fun, be entertained, meet people.

I have not done any non-trivial volunteering and don't work much in my
community so consider me as a boorish nerdplainer who will shutup soon.
until then, I give as an example in my neighborhood a center (not a refugee
center but still illustrative) with a cleaning co-op and an alternative
economy project.

http://mexicosolidarity.org/centroaut%C3%B3nomo/cooperatives/en
http://mexicosolidarity.org/programs/alternativeeconomy/en

Maybe people will meet and have similar ideas or many other ideas and
things I do not even know to imagine.

shekay at pobox.com