[hackerspaces] The Elusive RFID Equipment Interlock

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 23:14:19 CEST 2015

On 24 August 2015 at 21:35, Bacon Zombie <baconzombie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look at the system London HackSpace use.
>
> https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Project:Tool_Access_Control

We call it ACNode, and the current version is based on the TI
Connected Launchpad devkit, with ethernet.

Firmware: https://github.com/londonhackspace/acnode-cl
Backend server: https://github.com/londonhackspace/acserver

We have three instances (plus one "legacy") deployed, but we have 5-10
more being rolled out currently. Some of them will be used simply for
access logging rather than access control. Hopefully so we can work
out who's grinding aluminium on our bench grinder.

I guess the wiki needs updating a bit. I can't really guarantee that
it's going to be useful if you're not us. It includes "time used"
tracking if the equipment is correctly instrumented.

--
Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk