[hackerspaces] US - 501(c)3 wording

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Wed Apr 8 02:04:52 CEST 2015

Red Mountain Makers in Birmingham, AL, just got our 501(3)c letter. We are now an official US federal nonprofit. Hurray for us!

I need to update our 501(3)c wording and am a little unsure of how we should phrase it.
How are other US maker and hackerspaces phrasing yours?

Our old phrasing (when we were fiscally sponsored):
"An Alabama non-profit makerspace. Fiscally sponsored by The School Factory, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization."
On our website: "Red Mountain Makers is fiscally sponsored by The School Factory, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible."

I'm thinking it should be:
 Red Mountain Makers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax-deductible."

What are other groups using?

Thanks!

Shirley Hicks
Red Mountain Makers