[hackerspaces] Learning Machining Skills

Bill Shaw toppsoft at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:38:08 CEST 2015

This week, Tampa Hackerspace received a very generous donation of a
complete machine shop from a local inventor. We received a Tormach 770 CNC,
Grizzly vertical mill, Grizzly lathe, and a bunch of other items that give
us the ability to pretty much make whatever we want.

I plan to reach out to Tormach about training but in the meantime, we need
to get up to speed on usage and safety for these very capable tools. I have
some ideas on where to start but I'd like to know what everyone else does
to educate their members.

Regards,
Bill Shaw
Tampa Hackerspace