[hackerspaces] Space management apps - what we have, what we need?

Will Bradley bradley.will at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 02:51:07 CEST 2014

I've been developing a system for HeatSync Labs in Rails:
https://github.com/zyphlar/Open-Source-Access-Control-Web-Interface/

It is an all-encompassing members DB with payment, certification, door
access, and Pamela/MAC features. It also interfaces with a previous version
of Arclight's board: https://github.com/zyphlar/Open_Access_Control_Ethernet
-- since it's Rails, everything is pretty much automatically a REST JSON
API, and so forms the basis for random member projects (usually JS or
Arduino-based) which may want to, for example, control the doors in a fun
way, or make interactive art based on # of computers currently on the
network.

I'll have to check out Arclight's latest Python stuff, but I am preparing
to adjust both of these pieces of software to be more general-purpose and
compatible with Arclight's latest board.