[hackerspaces] Space management apps - what we have, what we need?

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:36:17 CEST 2014

As a reminder, we have a well-tested door control board that is based
on Arduino and Raspberry Pi that we are shipping.

http://accxproducts.com/wiki/index.php?title=Open_Access_4.0

You can buy it here:

http://www.wallofsheep.com/collections/accx-products

We went with Wiegand and RS485 interfaces for the readers, so that the
hardware is not married to a particular type of access card or token.
Like the Kwartzlab system, interface to an RPi is via serial UART.
The stock firmware does stand-alone and logging/remote control, and
there is a basic web UI written in Python.

I'm thinking it would be nice to nail down a door-control API, or
implement the the PSIA released: