[hackerspaces] looking to start a hardware accelerator?

JB Zurn jbzurn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:23:41 CET 2014

The Small Business Administration gave my business a grant to help other
small hardware accelerators get started. So I'm looking for people who are
trying to do this, since I have some money to try to help them with this.

If you haven't heard of one already, a hardware accelerator is like a
hackerspace, but set up so you can actually run/start a business out of it.

What I'd really like to do is try to get together a group of these in
various locations, & combine some of the administrative tasks. There's some
common needs like security systems, payroll & benefits, that seem to be
simpler and cheaper at a larger scale. So far I've got security and payroll
set up.

If this sounds interesting to you, send me an email!

You can also check out my website to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
http://www.sunshinelabs.com

Or even if you just have thoughts about this. I'm going to Washington DC in
a couple weeks for the awards ceremony and if people have
questions/concerns I can bring them to the Small Business Administration
and try to get some input on them.

-Brooks Zurn
Sunshine Labs LLC
http://www.sunshinelabs.com