[hackerspaces] Tarrant Makers: Fall of a Foundation

Randall Arnold randall.arnold at texrat.net
Thu Oct 9 16:44:33 CEST 2014

Agreed... and I did what one person could.  What it boiled down to is that a few
of us understood the value of hackerspace ethos, as well as the need for
purpose, and we were outgunned by naysayers and do-nothings.  In hindsight, the
only way to have overcome that was a different organizational/executive
structure than we wound up with.

General culture in the Fort Worth area, though, is a BIG part of the problem.  I
can't overstate that.  In some ways the lone cowboy culture is charming, but in
others it impedes progress... especially where the maker movement (and tech
opportunity in general) is concerned.

More on that: http://texrat.net/dfw-and-tech-opportunities-a-fish-story/

Randy