[hackerspaces] Interviewing prospective space members [was Re: Members under 18]

Ben Brown ben at generik.ca
Mon Nov 10 18:32:54 CET 2014

For us, not so much a formal interview. If someone wants to apply as a
member, they're encouraged to come to events/Tuesday Open Nights and
meet members, talk about what they're looking to get out of the lab,
projects, etc before sending an application.

Once they submit an application, it's sent to the member's list with
limited contact info (just name, photo, email address) and answers to
basic questions (have you been to any events, what are you looking to
do, how did you hear about us, members they've met, etc). Members have 5
days to comment about the applicant (for/against), and the board takes
those into consideration when voting the member in.

Ben