[hackerspaces] membres hogging space and a lot of tables

Volatile Compound volatilecompound at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 22:06:37 CET 2014

Assigned workbenches / tables / desks / whatever for supporting members.
Don't push them together; it encourages territorial expansion. Any of their
crap not on, under, or over their workspace is fair game for
cannibalisation or being thrown out.

Newcomers take their chances. If they can find somewhere to work on
something, great, but they should keep it portable (read: able to be taken
home except by prior arrangement).

And enforcing all of this is key. Kind of like how a kid won't believe that
you really will take the vacuum to the Legos on the floor until one of them
ends up in the bag, pitching out projects that have spread to every corner
of the room won't be taken seriously until it happens.

- skroo.