[hackerspaces] Cashpoint/Point-of-Sale

Eric Michaud eric at hackerspaces.org
Fri May 9 10:56:34 CEST 2014

S,

Anyway I'm going to ignore the FOSS drum for a second and say most of
everything that Shopify does IS open and visually shiny. They
integrate things on the backend you can go do on your own with a ton
of elbow grease (which if you're looking for a solution this tells me
you're not going to do it) for $29 a month and take on the PCI
compliance risk which I'm absolutely sure you don't want to do since
compliance is in the $1000's per year for auditing not counting
developer implementation.

In regard to your question that you didn't LMGTFY: as a matter of fact
they give you csv's of EVERYTHING you sold, customer (member) data,
sku's, etc everything you need to make hackerspace (business)
decisions to make sure you can keep the lights on, in essence your
data is yours if you choose to download it. They don't keep it from
you like some companies and give you a lot of value adds which allow
you to save time and get back to what's most important. HACKING!

Please go find another system out there. They aren't the only one.
They do serve my purposes though.

I'm moving on and taking my ball with me from this thread. Please stop
wasting peoples time.

-E.