[hackerspaces] Cashpoint/Point-of-Sale

. whipboi at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 15:47:35 CEST 2014

Right. Meanwhile some of have work to get done while you are in your moms basement beating your open source drum. I don't have time to do everything with with a crayon and a piece of scrap paper just because it's open source. If there's a good FOSS solution that actually does what we need that's great. Otherwise, STFU when someone chooses a tool for functionality over form.

On May 6, 2014, at 4:06 AM, schinken wrote:First of all, thank you for answering that mail and suggesting a solution

It's not open source but it just f'in works.

And there's the reason why i wouldn't use it. In my opinion a
hackerspace stands for open source, not for using closed solutions on a
closed platform.

Even if the open source solution is not the best in terms of design,
usability, etc. it has a lot of advantages in terms of extensibility.

Also:

Where's my data stored on that app? I can't look inside and check that.
Our memberdata belongs inside our space on our own infrastructure, not
on some "cloud provider" inside the US or everywhere else

--
Schinken

Backspace e.V.
http://hackerspace-bamberg.de

mail: schinken at hackerspace-bamberg.de
xmpp: schinken at tai-wahn.de (otr)
GPG: FFB7 E40D B2DD D24C C9B7 B5C5 703C F8B8 882C 871E