[hackerspaces] Cashpoint/Point-of-Sale

Eric Michaud eric at hackerspaces.org
Mon May 5 20:28:27 CEST 2014

Shopify with iPad does everything you want. It's not open source but
it just f'in works. I've used it for years with my businesses and
several undisclosed hackerspaces.

http://docs.shopify.com/pos
http://www.shopify.com/pos

Different ways of checking out including (Discount) member cards.
http://docs.shopify.com/pos/operating-pos/checkout-receipts

Also you can setup every member with a 4 digit code to rapidly log on
in a lower priv checkout with all your items. They also have an API
available for add ons and a very large market of applications (many
free).