[hackerspaces] The Hackaday Prize and Hackaday Projects (http://hackaday.io)

Jasmine Brackett jasmine at hackaday.com
Wed Jun 18 21:48:14 CEST 2014

Hello Hackers,

I just want to make sure you all know about The Hackaday Prize. The
competition was launched in May, and the deadline for entries is August 4,
2014 (projects have to be completed by the end of October 2014).

It's free to enter, and is a great opportunity for individuals or teams
from Hackerspaces to hack some hardware to win some amazing prizes. The
main requirements are:

   - You must actually build something
   - It must involve some type of electronics that are connected to
   something
   - Our main requirements have to do with documentation. This includes
   lists of parts, schematics, images, and videos. Remember, Openness is a
   Virtue.

The Grand Prize is a trip to space or the cash alternative of $196,418,
which could buy your hackerspace a lot of equipment. There are other
fantastic prizes to be won including a milling machine, a top grade 3D
printer, a trip for one to Akihabara electronics district in Japan, and a
bunch of Hackaday swag.

We've put on this competition because we want to foster innovation. You
keep complete control and ownership of your project, and we encourage the
use of open platforms.

You can find out about the prizes, judges, rules and requirements here:
http://hackaday.io/prize

Want to see The Hackaday Prize entries so far?
http://hackaday.io/submissions/prize/list

See what we have to say about it on Hackaday.com
http://hackaday.com/category/the-hackaday-prize/

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

--
Jasmine Brackett
Hackaday Projects Community Manager

:: jasmine at hackaday.com
:: http://hackaday.io/hacker/349

#HackadayPrize - http://hackaday.io/prize
Enter your project to win a trip to Space!
(Hundreds of other prizes available)