[hackerspaces] Hackerspace admin software recommendations?

matt matt at nycresistor.com
Wed Jul 23 22:18:44 CEST 2014

I recommend /dev/null on any unix.  Try to imagine you live in sparta...
and you are wandering through your rock gardens watching as your people
train themselves and develop into powerful fighters.  You are abruptly
disturbed by some tatterdemalion mendicant.  You ask with anger rising in
your throat for this interloper to explain their sudden and rude
interruption.  They herald you tidings of dark potent and grim portent.  It
is now /dev/null becomes the ultimate in administrative software tools.
You walk with your new found problem through the town demonstrating to the
lothespelled storm crow person that your town is mighty and fair.  You
entreat upon them to reconsider the nature of their bearing and the
decidedly negative impact of their folly.  They of course decline informing
you that time will not step back and trouble is darkening the doors to your
home.  So, with all the administrative finesse of our leonidas you punt the
bastard into the pit from which no data ever returns... /dev/null.  If
there's one thing leonidas taught hackerspaces it's that we all need a
giant bottomless pit at the center of our administrative constructs to help
us unload some of our problems.  And to stress with prejudice upon others
the importance of consequence in choosing to engage us with their problems.

be well fellow hackers.